To Our Fiddle Festival Vendors:
(Please read carefully!)
2018 Festival Updates and Changes
- Big changes are coming to the National Oldtime Fiddlers’ Festival vendors’ location! For a number of years, there have been two vendor parks going during the Fiddle Festival. One of these parks, City Park (AKA Bluegrass Village in years past) was under the management of the National Oldtime Fiddlers, Inc. The other venue, Memorial Park, was under the separate and unaffiliated management of Xi Nu Sorority and Weiser Elks Lodge.
- In mid-May of last year, we received word that the sorority and Elks were not going to operate Memorial Park and it would be available to the National Oldtime Fiddlers, Inc. It was a challenge for us to book vendors, provide an additional entertainment stage with acts, etc., on such short notice, but we got it done. We look forward to having the time and extra man (woman) power needed to make it better for vendors and festival-goers alike!
- This year, at the request of local law enforcement, fire department, city crews, many local residents, as well as a number of our longtime vendors, we are moving everything to Memorial Park. There will be a single venue for the outdoor entertainment stage, carnival, vendors, beer garden, and other features we are planning. This will bring our festival-goers together in a single location and will be a much better situation for everyone.
- We are excited that once again, folks can gather to enjoy the free outdoor entertainment stage, shop at the booths, visit the beer garden, take in the excitement of the carnival, and enjoy the family atmosphere in one place. The Weiser Municipal Swimming Pool is located right across the street from the park, and on Saturday, there will be the popular Fireman’s Hose Competition and Battle of the Bluegrass Bands right after the parade. Of course there will be quality daily entertainment from 10 a.m. until closing Tuesday through Saturday.
- In years past, Memorial Park vendors have been setting up on Sunday evening and opening on Monday. Understandably, this is convenient for vendors coming from the Emmett Cherry Festival. Those vendors will be allowed to come and set up on Sunday evening, if they wish, but the official set-up day will be on Monday June 18, and the park will open for business at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 19, one day before the carnival opens on Wednesday. Operating hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday operating hours will be extended to correspond with the carnival’s operational hours. We appreciate your willingness to adapt and look forward to having all vendors, the free entertainment stage, beer garden and carnival all at one location. There is plenty of free parking. We plan on doing all we can to give you a profitable and pleasant time while you are here! Thanks for bringing your business to our festival. It adds so much to the success and enjoyment of our event.
Welcome, Attendees,Vendors, and Entertainers, to the Festival portion of the National Oldtime Fiddlers’ Contest & Festival!
Folks come to Weiser in June each year for many reasons. We try to offer events and activities for all ages and interests. Other organizations in town get involved providing fun activities as well. And local folks are famous for their Fiddle Week Yard Sales!
One of the most exciting duties I have as Director is arranging the entertainment on the stage at the Memorial Park Stage, located between east 3rd and 4th streets and Hanthorn Street by the Weiser Swimming Pool.
We feature free, live, continuous entertainment at Memorial Park Stage beginning at noon Tuesday June 19-Saturday June 23. Our vendors open at 10:00 a.m. each day and the music starts soon after.
We have great entertainers performing until around 9:00 pm during the week and a little later Friday and Saturday nights. Friday kicks off the Bluegrass music that we like to feature on Friday and Saturday.
There is lots to see and do in Memorial Park all week long. We have something for everyone in a grassy, family-friendly setting. We love to see the park full of happy faces. It is a great place to grab lunch or dinner, do some shopping, then find a shady place to set up your lawn-chair, relax, and enjoy the entertainment. You can also enjoy your favorite cold beverage at the Beer Garden.
I am always looking for family-friendly entertainment for our Memorial Park Stage. We will start on Tuesday June 19 at noon and go until around 9:00 each evening during the week, and later on Friday and Saturday nights.
If you are an entertainer and would like to be considered for a slot on the stage, you can contact me by phone or email. I have one-hour and half-hour slots available. I appreciate a CD or video of your act if you have not been on our stage before, but that isn’t a prerequisite. Our goal is to provide quality family-friendly entertainment that makes our attendees want to linger. If you are unfamiliar with our event, please read the Attendees page for additional overview information. We are not able to offer compensation at this time, but you are welcome to sell CD’s, downloads, T-shirts, etc.at the table provided for an hour after your performance.
I am accepting performer’s applications and you can download the entertainer’s packet that includes all the forms you will need to return to me for consideration. I like to have the schedule filled by May 15, so the earlier you apply, the better. We would like you to fill out the bio section as completely as space allows. It lets us and your audience know more about who you are and it really adds to the fun and interest. It is also a good place to “toot your own horn” and we see nothing wrong with that! (Do be honest, however!)
If you need more information, I am always happy to talk with you about our event, so feel free to call or e-mail me at the National Oldtime Fiddlers’ home office (208) 414-0255 or contact me at email@example.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
There is always a need for volunteers at Memorial Park and we welcome families, individuals or your organization to fill the time slots at the Information Booth, Beer Garden (must be 21, please!) and to assist with the entertainment stage. Contact Sandra Cooper 208 414-0255 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS:
The National Oldtime Fiddlers Contest at Weiser High School Auditorium June 18-23! See www.fiddlecontest.org
Banjo Contest June 16 & 17 in front of Beardsley Hall (on Paddock Avenue right next to the Snake River Heritage Center)
Instrument workshops presented by National Oldtime Fiddlers, Inc.at Weiser High School (See listings later when available)
Instrument workshops presented by Stickerville
Carnival opens at Memorial Park on Wednesday June 20-June 23
Parade starts at NOON Saturday June 23.
Weiser Community Senior Center Breakfast daily